Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Review of Bamboo and Lace

I love Hawaii. I've been to Maui, Oahu, and Kauai. So, I am interested in books have the setting in Hawaii. When I read the description of Bamboo and Lace by Lori Wick I immediately bought it and couldn't wait to read it. I have read Lori Wick's "Californian series" and loved it. This book was very dull and boring. The characters were very unrealistic and the country that Lilly is from is also made up. I did not like how the characters felt that they had to apologize constantly for everything and anything. No one is that perfect! Also, Lilly is described very childlike and the other adults sometimes talk to her as if she were a child. So, when she and Gabe became involved it was weird to me. I felt like she was some little girl with an older man. It did not work. The end of the book did get a little better, but do you really want to read 200 dull pages for 20 mediocre ones? The book was also way too preachy and goody-two shoes for me. I'm a Christian and most of the books I read or Christian fiction, but this was just too much. After reading this book I have stopped reading books by Lori Wick.

No comments:

Post a Comment