Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Review of Dear Lady (A Coming to America Novel) By Robin Lee Hatcher

The adjectives that pop into my mind when thinking about this book is cheesy and cliche. It reminded me of the typical romance novel, but the story was a little different. Beth and Garret fell in love so quickly it made me want to roll my eyes. They had only spoken a few words to each other and already they were in love. Also, like most typical historical romance novels, the three main characters were in danger in some way and it made the other character realize that they loved them. That's why I found that book cheesy and cliche. Normally a book like this I would only give 3 stars, but there was something about it that I actually liked. Although Garret annoyed me a bit with his attitude towards Beth, I liked both him and Beth. Bunny and Patsy reminded me of the two step sisters from Cinderella and they made they story more interesting. They helped add some humor to the book. If you are looking for a quick and easy read then I would recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment